Conquer China and Mongolia in Oriental Empires
Oriental Empires is a 4X strategy game where you set out to conquer China and Mongolia from 1500 BC. You must guide the civilization across 300 years of progress.
After spending a year in Early Access, the game is now officially live on Steam. To celebrate, it’s marked down by 20% off the asking price of $29.99.
“We’re really happy to finally be able to launch Oriental Empires. Weaving the history of China into a 4X style game has been a long process, and we’ve had to invent many new mechanisms to do the subject matter justice; but the end result is a game with its own unique feel”, says Bob Smith, lead developer of the game. “Personally, I’ve learned a huge amount over the course of this project, and have become fascinated by the vast and rich history of China. I hope players will have fun playing the game, and maybe also gain an appreciation of a history that’s little-covered in the West.”
Here are some of the key features of the game:
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
- Conquer together or betray your allies. Anything goes in multiplayer mode, supporting up to 15 players.