Beef up Prey’s (2017) graphics with new mod
Prey already looks pretty great. Hell, we loved just about every part of it. Still, some people just want to push the envelope.
That’s what modder “jmx77” aimed to do with his “Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics Mod” for the 2017 release. The title is already pretty descriptive, but here are all of the specifics:
- All the lights cast shadows (incl flash light)
- Corrected shadows for the original light sources
- Ultra view distance for everything (incl space station!)
- Improved particles
- Improved AO+IL (Via Engine and Reshade)
- Darker Atmosphere avoiding crushed blacks (Via Engine and Reshade)
- No more pop-in! (texture, shadows, objects, particles)
- Improved reflections
- All decals (blood, gloo, bullet holes, broken papers, broken glasses, etc) stay almost forever (only disappears when you leave the level)
Needless to say, you’ll need a beefy computer to run the mod. Don’t plan on winning any speedrunning contests with it.
You can head over to Nexus mods to download it now.
Do you plan on downloading? Have you played Prey? Let us know in the comments below.