New Half-Life update released; still waiting on Half-Life 3
Despite being 20 years hold, Half-Life got a new update today. That’s interesting considering, well, the game is 20 freaking years old.
The update isn’t very exciting. It addresses a few small bugs, more to keep the game in good standing on Steam than anything else.
Before you get too excited, the patch notes don’t relate to Half-Life 3 at all. Read into them all you want, but there’s nothing there.
They’re so short that we can even fit them all on the page:
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals