Permadeath, Progression, Exploration – Dead Cells Coming to Early Access on May 10
Motion Twin announced that their latest RogueVania styled game, Dead Cells, will be hitting Steam Early Access of May 10. Before we go further, check out the trailer below.
Dead Cells is shooting out of nowhere. The development team at Motion Twin has been responsible for countless browser-based F2P titles.
“We’re a cooperative with no boss that’s been making F2P games for 15 years. It got to the point where we had to ask ourselves why we were doing it. After that there was no choice but to make something for us,” said Motion Twin’s lead designer Sébastien Benard. “We’re taking two genres we all love, adding our little twist and aiming for the best rogue-lite/metroidvania you’ve ever played. So far the feedback has been really positive, so we’re really really excited to see people playing!”
Some of the features of Dead Cells are:
- Souls-like combat: Gameplay changing weapons, invincibility frames when rolling, pattern based bosses and monsters and of course, punishing difficulty.
- Exploration: Unlock new levels, secrets and abilities as you learn the world.
- Progression: Permanent upgrades will allow you to go a little further with every run.
- Depth: More than 10 levels, 50 weapons, spells and traps, plus tons of replayability.
- More to come: This is about 30-40% of the content expected in the final version.