Hundreds of Hours More – Total War: Warhammer II Announced
SEGA have today announced that their next game in their best-selling franchise, Total War, will be Warhammer II.
“Total War: WARHAMMER II represents the next step in our trilogy, our vision for the most incredible fantasy strategy series ever made,” said Game Director, Ian Roxburgh. “The success of the first game has increased our ambition; we’re not only going to deliver a thrilling campaign in the sequel, but also an additional combined campaign, the biggest so far, for owners of both.”
The game will feature four iconic new races from the Warhammer Fantasy World; the High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and the fourth one is yet to be revealed.
Total War Warhammer II will be available in 2017, with an exact date still to come.
Check out the announcement trailer!
Along with the new races, Warhammer II will include:
- A new style of narrative campaign in which players race against the other factions to save or destroy the Great Vortex while thwarting competing Races
- Players will build and expand empires, raise armies, develop cities and fight vivid grand-scale battles in the classic Total War style
- This campaign is set across four mysterious new continents:
- The Southlands
- Four new playable races, each with unique campaign mechanics and army rosters of Legendary Lords, Heroes, spellcasters, troops, monsters and siege weapons:
- High Elves
- Dark Elves
- And a fourth, yet to be revealed…
- A suite of thrilling new campaign and battle features inspired by the Warhammer lore
- Additionally, a vast combined campaign map covering the geographic areas of the first and second parts of the trilogy. Players will be able to embark on campaigns as any owned, playable race from both games. This will be available for free shortly after launch for owners of both games.
Who’s hyped for hundreds of more hours in a Total War Game?