ARK Update v256 Brings New Creatures, Structures, and a Massive Sale
Studio Wildcard just released update v256 for ARK: Survival Evolved. The update brings about brand new structures, creatures, and more. Before we dive into the details, watch the update video below.
The update starts with the TEK Tier for ARK, which is going to implemented through multiple updates. The TEK Tier consists of end-game content for hardcore survivors. Each addition will consist of futeristic, sci0fi inspired, weapons, structures, and items, to reward players in post game. The four additions are:
- New Structure: TEK Power Generator. The wireless generators power TEK structures and any Tribe electrical structures in adjustable range.
- New Structures & Mechanic: TEK Underwater Bases. Allows fully-enclosed structures to be created underwater, with ventilators to allow oxygen filled room. Air-locks and moonpools allow players to enter and exit without flooding their base.
- New Structure: TEK Teleporter. Helps players move around the expansive open-world island. But very expensive to obtain!
- New Item: TEK Mosa Saddle. Once properly placed on the Mosasaur it equips the beast with lasers and more.
In addition, update v256 brings about four new creatures to the island. They are:
Iguanodon Vicissitudinis – Is a large herbivorous dinosaur that bears a strong resemblance to the Parasaurolophus but without the distinct head crest. Iguanodon has two spike-like thumbs for prying fruits open to pick out the seeds and for stabbing would-be predators. They are as capable of walking on all fours as they are on just their hind legs. Combined with its highly effective fruit harvesting and substantial carry weight, the Iguanodon’s excellent mobility in bipedal stance makes it an ideal field-hand that can also pull off a quick get-away, or an agile defense, when needed.
Ichthyornis Piscoquus – Considered just a “plain old” normal seagull, Ichthyornis, lives near beaches, surviving off of native fish. While timid by nature, if tamed, they become partners for their tamer, riding their shoulders and bringing small gifts of fish throughout the day.
Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia – Probably the largest fish in the waters around the island. Its meat is also extremely succulent which is unusual given its size. It is often traded with the same value as Prime Meat, and colloquially called ‘Prime Fish’. Of little taming value, tribes do keep schools of Leedsichthys in pens for meat, as it is so huge, chunks of meat can be cut from it without causing it death or permanent injury.
Equus Magnus – Likely an ancestor to the modern horse, Equus is a much larger steed, and when tamed, can be used in much the same way – riding, herding, and used as pack animals. Equus is so large, in fact, tribes have been known to not only ride them, but attach extra large saddlebags to them, essentially making them into mobile research and crafting stations. Taming them requires make use of a new “break-in” mechanic!
And, for those of you who don’t care too much for reading all the details, here’s a short list of everything this massive update stuffs in:
- Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
- Dinos: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon!
- Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
- TEK Items: TEK Teleporter, TEK Mosa Saddle, TEK Power Generator
- Total Inventory Menu redesign (other UI’s coming soon!)
- 1 New Hairstyle and 1 New Facial Hairstyle (male and female variants). Growable ponytails with full physics and mutton chops!
- 30+ Explorer Notes
- New Weapon: The Lasso